Thursday, March 24, 2016

Renata's Erasmus+ experience in Alsfeld


My Experience in Erasmus+

 

For the first time I had the opportunity to participate in a project like Erasmus+ and of travelling by plane. It was the best opportunity of my life.

Before coming to Aslfed, in Germany, I was very nervous because it was also the first time I left Portugal and my family to live with an unknown family.

The first day was very awkward because I met my host family and I noticed that their customs are very different from mine. I’m still learning to adapt to them. The language was also an obstacle. I only speak a little bit of English but we manage to understand each other.

The most embarrassing moment was when I went to greet the whole family with two kisses and they gave me their hand to shake. My first reaction was laughing and theirs too.

The weather here is very cold and it snows very often. The food in Germany is quite different from ours in Portugal. The meal which was more different for me was the dinner because they eat at 6pm and most of the times they eat sandwiches with tea or juice.

The thing I liked the most were the houses, the snow and this small village.

All the students and teachers had to do many activities in this week concerning this project. I liked when, in a very cold and snowing afternoon, we went for a guided tour through the town, and when we went to see the salt mine in Merkers. It was very good too when we went to eat a kind of typical Aslfeld pizza at Ramspeck’s wine tavern.  I also liked the Refugees Meeting and the party in the club “Plan B” very much.

I would also like to talk a little about the host family. I met Julija’s family, the mother, the father, the sister and grandmother. On the first day, Julija and I went ice skating; it was an amazing experience for me.

I suppose everyone should have an opportunity like this one to learn and live different things and grow up as a person with an experience like this.

 

 

Renata, Portugal