Friday, May 13, 2016

Finnish experiences by Zsofia Kiss, Hungary

Finnish experiences
This is the first time in my life that I am in Finland and I am very excited.
I arrived in Mikkeli with two teachers and three students on 7th May 2016.
I was very curious about my future host family.
When we arrived in Mikkeli late on Sunday,my host family(Miia Roos and her daughter) were waiting for us.
They welcomed me and my fellow student very kindly and we were taken to their flat which is not very far from the city centre.
We were shown the flat and our cosy room,then we had a nice dinner. Then we met the family cute dog. Finnish food is very interesting and strange for me.
Next day our Erasmus+ programme started.
After it the school was presented and then we went to see the city. In the evening we went with the family to a small house not far from Mikkeli where we tried the typical Finnish sauna. After the sauna we jumped into the lake where the water temperature was about 15 degrees Centigrade. I think it was a breathtaking experience for me!
The next morning we did the project work again, then we went to church which was very nice.
The next day we went to a lumber yard which was very interesting after it we visited a bakery factory where we got some presents (traditional Finnish bread)
In the afternoon we went hiking in Repovesi,the national park where my teacher, Niki neni and me had a 10 km hiking tour. We were the “heroes of the day”!
On Thursday morning we made the project work.
In the afternoon we went to Hirvensalmi. First we went by bus then we went by a speedboat. It was very exciting.
When we arrived in Hirvensalmi, we were playing typical traditional Finnish group games.
The last day was in Mikkeli at school to finish our project work and we had a farewell dinner with our host family.
I want to thank my host family (Miia Roos and her daughter) for their hospitality and their kind welcome.

 I will never forget the beautiful days in Mikkeli!