Friday, May 13, 2016

My experience in Finland by Simon Schwalm


Hello,

my name is Simon Schwalm from Germany and I participated in the Work and Culture Project. I also had the opportunity to visit Mikkeli for one week. During this week we made subtitles for the YouTube videos that we made before and redesigned them. It was fairly easy to do that. But most of the time we all were traveling through Finland, hiking through the forests and exploring Mikkeli.

I lived together with  someone from my country and someone from Hungary in a house owned by a teacher who participated in the Work and Culture Project. She and her husband are lovely people and I very much enjoyed my stay there. They also had a dog with which I played from time to time.

The whole work and culture group also visited an island, hiked through the forest, made barbecue and met at a restaurant. We also had some time to do what we want to do in Mikkeli. I for one visited a museum and some stables in Mikkeli with a bicycle that was provided by my host familie.

I enjoyed my stay and would like to come back to Finland someday.