Friday, May 13, 2016

My experience in Finland by Nelly Rachimow

Our journey to Finland started on the 8.05.16. I was really excited to meet students from other countries and have a good time in Finland.


My host sister, Emma, is an amazing girl, she is very nice and was always looking out for me. We did a lot of cool stuff in our free time together. We went hiking with a few other friends, went shopping, and so on. I`m happy that I got such a nice girl as my host sister.


Also the things we did with all the other students was great. We had a little tour around Mikkeli, went hiking and grilled sausages. The finish nature is very beautiful, but also scary. For example I saw two snakes in the woods. On another day we went on an island in a boat, which was very interesting. We also played traditional finish games which were really funny and ate traditional finish food there. The food was amazing and the atmosphere was also very nice. After we ate, we could go to sauna and swimming, if we wanted. Later we went back with the boat and home with the school cars.


In Finland the people are very nice and I felt welcome. I also noticed a few differences, like there they have warm meals often, different than in Germany. In Germany we eat breakfast, warm lunch and for dinner just sandwiches or snacks. In Finland they eat breakfast, warm lunch, warm dinner and a snack before they go to sleep. But the food was always good.


In the end I can only say, that this trip was an amazing experience and I´m really glad that I could be part of it. I met a lot of nice people and made new friends.