Friday, May 13, 2016

My experience in Finland Mara Horst

The project meeting started on 8th of May 2016. It was funded by Erasmus+. Erasmus+ is the EU's programme to support education, training, youth and sport in Europe.

After the 1st week in Finland, I’m really happy that I could be part of it. I met many friendly people and I love my host family. They were so kind to me and I felt like a part of the family for the week. My host sister is Siiri. She is so friendly and I like her really much.

Our little video project worked out really good. We did some good work.

We went to some cool places here in Finland, e.g. the National Park Repovesi. I also took some beautiful pictures of Finland. The nature in Finland is really pretty. We saw snakes and got so scared.

In Finland we ate 4 meals a day. Breakfast and 3 cooked meals. The first around 1pm, the second around 4pm and the last around 8-9pm. It was really weird because in Germany we eat 1 cooked meal around noon and then whenever we want.


Many thanks to my teachers/school because without them I wouldn’t have been able to meet my new friends. And also to Siiri and her friends, the week was really nice and I enjoyed being in Finland.