Friday, May 13, 2016

My experiences in Finland by Laura Szilvia Gubola, Hungary

My experiences in Finland

We arrived in Finland on Saturday. 
We were traveling by plane. It was the first time I´ve flown. Before we went to Mikkeli, we spent a day and one night in Helsinki. That was grate. The capital city was beautiful. On the next day we arrived at Mikkeli. My host family was waiting for me in front of the hotel, where my teachers were staying all week.
 My host family live in a big house in the countryside. It was so strange for me, because I can’t see such houses too much. They were very kind, and nice with me. We spent five days in Mikkeli. The Finnish team organised great programs for every day.
 On the first day, we arrived at the school at 8:15. We did the project in the morning, and after that we went for lunch at 12:00.  The Finnish foods were strange for me. My stomach didn´t like it too much. But I think most of them were delicious.
 In the afternoon we went sightseeing. The city was cute and small. All over Finland there are a lot of woods and lakes. In this city it is the same. Lakes and woods are everywhere. The next day, we spent in the school, and worked on the project. That was boring for me.
On Wednesday we went to visit the Misawa Sawmill factory and the Bakery factory. It was exciting. We got some presents (typical traditional Finnish bread). We looked very funny in the bakery uniform.
In the afternoon we went hiking in the mountains of the National Park in Repovesi. It was a tiring but beautiful experience for all the group. The heroes of the day were Niki neni (our teacher) and Zsofi, one of my fellow student because they have done a 10 km route.
On Thursday we had a project morning again at school and in the afternoon we went to Hirvensalmi, which is a wonderful island. We went there by boat. On the island we played traditional Finnish group games and after them we had an also traditional dinner. That was the best experience in the week.
Friday was the last day of the project work and we worked very hard. We managed to finish the project. In the afternoon we had a farewell sightseeing in Mikkeli and a farewell dinner with the project partners.
Thank you for this amazing week. I had a great time here. Especially great thank to my host family who were my second family in Finland.