Friday, May 13, 2016

My Experience in Finland by Nicolas Helm

During my time in Mikkeli, I had the opportunity to meet new people and to learn about a different culture. The project work wasn't that much. My job was to fix some audio problems and to fix some other video issues.

The cultural program was very good I got to know some things about Finland and I also had the opportunity to see some really nice places like the national park Repovesi. Mikkeli itself is a very nice and quite town with a lake near by which is really nice to walk by. There are many nice and interesting places to see there.

My host family tried to make us feel like I'm at home. They were very nice people which told me a few things about Mikkeli. The food they provided was very good at first i was a bit scared what I will get to eat. But in the end this concern turned out to be wrong.

This one week trip to Mikkeli was short but still nice so from my opinion this intercultural project was a full success.