Friday, May 13, 2016


Italian students in Mikkeli

We are four Italian students and we took part in a project called  “Erasmus +    WoCu 2.0“.
Our experience in Finland was amazing. We went to Mikkeli. There every morning we met in a class where everyone had a computer to work.  In the school we watched videos about the different way each country behaves at work with customers, boss and other employees. The videos were in the original language, so we put English subtitles in each films to make the other people understand.
In the afternoon we did different things every day, such as a guided tour through the town, an industrial visit to a bakery which gave us some bread to take home and to the Misawa company that is a sawmill. On Thursday we went to an island where we made sauna and we swam in the cold lake (Hot and freeze, what a shock!). It was the most amazing thing in all the week! 
We were lucky because the weather was sunny and we could do activities without any problems. We ate typical Finnish meals, like grilled salmon and some little fishes, that were fished the same day, so they were very fresh.
In the evening, we went out with the other students and we discovered the places where Finnish guys like going.

I´m Giulia and my host was Tuuli, a very nice girl who made me feel like I was at home. I also loved her mother, who was very kind with me. They always explained to me the things about the town and the Finnish culture.
I´m Elena and my host was Netta. But unfortunately she got sick and then I had to move in Joanna´s house. However, it was a fantastic experience!
I´m Jacopo and my host was Jere that I met last year in Italy, with him I passed all the time and I was very happy about it. From him I learned a lot of Finnish mores and I hope to continue our friendship also in the future because this experience will be a very good memory.
I´m Linda and my host was Joanna. I immediately felt at ease with her, but also with the rest of the family and the dog. It was an amazing week because I learned about the Finnish mores and I hope to return there in winter.